While Ecuador may not produce as much as neighbor Colombia, they consistently produce incredible coffees that are out of this world. A relatively smaller nation in terms of coffee production, our Ecuadorian producers have been leaders in experimenting with new processing methods to achieve the best quality cup.
- Capital: Quito
- Language: Spanish
- Main Ports of Delivery: Guayaquil
- Annual Coffee Exports (Avg): 600,000-700,000 bags (60kg)
- Processes: Washed, Honey, Natural
- Farm Sizes (Avg): 1-4 hectares
- Varieties: Caturra, Bourbon, Caturra, Sidra*
Regions and Harvesting Times
Harvesting Times: May - July**
* These varieties are common but not limited to Ecuador's coffee production. Ecuador is increasingly cultivating other varieties such as Gesha, Villalobos, Catuai, etc.
** Harvesting times are a general overview of the country. Variabilities such as altitude, microclimates, varieties, etc can have an affect on exact harvesting times and coffee maturity.
To find out availability, check out our offering list here!