El Salvador is quickly becoming a world leader in producing high-quality specialty coffees. More producers are becoming willing to experiment with new processing methods to continue achieving high-quality coffees. Our producing partners continue to challenge themselves to produce some of El Salvador's best coffees.
- Capital: San Salvador
- Language: Spanish
- Main Ports of Delivery: Puerto Barrios
- Annual Coffee Exports (Avg): 500,000 - 600,000 bags (69kg)
- Processes: Washed, Honey, Natural
- Farm Sizes (Avg): 5-50 hectares
- Varieties: Bourbon, Caturra, Pacamara, Pacas, Catuai*
Regions and Harvesting Times
Regions: Apaneca, Apaneca Llamatepec, El Bálsamo–Quetzaltepec, Cacahuatique, Chalatenango, Chinchontepec, Metapán, Santa Ana, Tecapa-Chinameca
Harvesting Times: November - April**
* These varieties are common but not limited to El Salvador's coffee production. El Salvador is increasingly cultivating other varieties such as Red Bourbon, Catimor, Centroaméricano F1, Cuscatleco, etc.
** Harvesting times are a general overview of the country. Variabilities such as altitude, microclimates, varieties, etc can have an affect on exact harvesting times and coffee maturity.
To find out availability, check out our offering list here!