Central America is always coming up with surprises and Guatemala is leading the way with high-quality lots. In particular, Huehuetenango excels in producing Guatemala's highest-quality beans through exotic varieties at some of the highest altitudes in Guatemala.
- Capital: Guatemala City
- Language: Spanish
- Main Ports of Delivery: Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Barrios
- Annual Coffee Exports (Avg): 3-4 million bags (69kg)
- Processes: Washed, Honey, Natural
- Farm Sizes (Avg): 1-50 hectares
- Varieties: Bourbon, Caturra, Pacamara, Gesha*
Regions and Harvesting Times
Regions: Acatenango, Antigua, Atitlan, Chimaltenango, Cobán, Fraijanes, Huehuetenango
Harvesting Times: November - April**
* These varieties are common but not limited to Guatemala's coffee production. Guatemala is increasingly cultivating other varieties such as Catuai, Typica, Maragogype, and Pache.
** Harvesting times are a general overview of the country. Variabilities such as altitude, microclimates, varieties, etc can have an affect on exact harvesting times and coffee maturity.
To find out availability, check out our offering list here!