Honduras has faced and overcome challenges in becoming leaders in specialty coffee production. Honduras is a small but diverse coffee producing origin that has become an increasingly sought out origin. We are grateful to work with producing partners that excel in producing some of the country's highest-quality coffees.
- Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Language: Spanish
- Main Port(s) of Departure: Puerto Cortes
- Annual Coffee Exports (Avg): 6-7 million bags (69kg)
- Processes: Washed
- Farm Sizes (Avg): 1.5-50 hectares
- Varieties: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai, IHCAFE 90, Typica, Lempira*
Regions and Harvesting Times
Regions: Copan, El Paraiso, Opalaca, Montecillos, Agalta, Comayagua,
Harvesting Times: November - April**
* These varieties are common but not limited to Honduras's coffee production. Honduras is increasingly cultivating other varieties such as Maragogype, Pacamara, Parainema, Villa Sarchi, etc.
** Harvesting times are a general overview of the country. Variabilities such as altitude, microclimates, varieties, etc can have an affect on exact harvesting times and coffee maturity.
To find out availability, check out our offering list here!